Fund Accounting Manager, Officer
Purpose Of Role:
Directly Responsible for Fund Groups servicing Clients Headed by Team Supervisor therefore require strong staff management and client servicing skills. Principal Tasks
Leadership and Management
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Assume responsibility for all Fund Accounting operational tasks.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Senior Fund Accounting Manager & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Initial point of contact for Fund Accounting Senior Associate(s) in your charge.
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide weekly reporting on issues and status to management team.
Management of Client Delivery
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) within your charge.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to Senior Associate(s) on technical, professional and client issues.
- Agree goals for Senior Associate(s) & team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Senior Associate(s) - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new Fund Accounting staff.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting Poland's activities.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary - to that end, to be knowledgeable of :
- both Standard & Client Operating Procedures
- daily processes & controls associated with such
- ensuring accuracy of procedures and adherence of same within the fund group;
- evaluate the continuing effectiveness of core and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor team expertise on all aspects of client operations through the use of a team knowledge matrix.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Fund Accounting Manager and CRM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Maintain close contact with the team Senior Associate, Senior Fund Accounting Manager & CRM, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Liaise with counterparts in Europe to implement best practice approaches and to ensure that service objectives are met.
- Run monthly meeting with team (regular weekly meetings to be conducted by Senior Associate) which specifically focuses on client initiatives, team training etc ensuring any action points are followed up.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting (MIS, CRM & Senior Ops KPIs) and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
Reporting to a Senior Fund Accounting Manager, the candidate will be responsible for a team in a busy and challenging environment. The candidate will gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment. Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
State Street Employee Handbook
Internal Procedures Manual
Regulations of Financial regulatory authorities of the UK Accounting Standards
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR) Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
Level Of Education:
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent. Previous Level Of Experience:
4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years. Core Competencies
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent
- Leader / Motivator