Fund Accounting Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Grow your career at State Street
We are pleased to announce that within FA Pol-Ire structure we are going to establish a new function CENTRAL RECON TEAM
That will aim to minimize the number of all reason controllable cash breaks for IRE and LUX funds.
By imposing 3rd layer of control over cash break report (TLM) completed by OCR team. TLM report will be enriched before releasing to recipients. And by any other action that new team recognizes to be beneficial.
Team of 15 people to be established and fully operational by the end of 2019 . Our goal is that each month 5 new members will join the team, starting now.
WHO are we looking for?
A very experienced Senior Associates that understands FA Operating Model and knows where to go to have the work done. A self-motivated person, independent in making decisions who is willing to learn quickly in a new, challenging environment. A goal-oriented individual with execution and strong communication skills. SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to "open surgery" sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of fund accounting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Work closely with Training Department and business lines to identify training needs within the team. Ensure that those needs are met by delivering training sessions to staff on agreed topics.
- Perform FTE and capacity analysis within fund accounting teams
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers' checklist as needed.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Keep team Supervisor and Officer informed of issues. Ensure the issues log is updated and track progress.
- Support Team Supervisor to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the donor site.
- Provide technical support to fund accounting teams in relation to fund events.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Keeps Fund Accounting Manager updated with regard to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrates flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping.
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred).
- 2+ years experience in fund administration is required.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required.
- Excellent English.
- Takes Ownership and Initiative.
- Ensures accuracy and quality.
- Provides outstanding service.
- Communicates Effectively.
- Displays Insight & Influence.
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork.
WHAT do we offer?
- Work in a team of highly effective specialists.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exposition to the wide spectrum of internal functions.
- Creating work frame from the scratch.
- Opportunity to implement own ideas that will benefit in achieving the goal.
- Great atmosphere and a lot of fun.