Accountant, Associate 1 Who we are looking for:
You'll be joining the Global Payment HUB team in Poland [Cracow], which provides a range of services and functions to multiple State Street Bank locations, including EMEA and APAC areas. Why this role is important to us:
The Team provides operation support for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Foreign Exchange for Cash (FX4Cash) and Cross Border Low Value Payments (XBACH).
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Perform complex end-to-end payments processes, assisting with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances,
- Assisting with financial and tax audits, assisting with preparing corporate reporting requirements,
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- Developing and maintaining close working relations with the onshore locations,
- Implementing and documenting change and investigating its implications,
- Gathering, validating and objectively analyzing relevant information to identify key issues, drawing sound conclusions and making decisions on the appropriate course of action
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- Open-mind approach
- A willingness to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused.
- PC application knowledge and good Excel skill-set are necessary.
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English and country language if required.
- Polish language would be beneficial.
- Third level qualification, Graduate
About State Street What we do
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers