Python Developer, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
A talented and self-driven individual able to leverage strong Python experience to manage a growing automation demand. The individual will be required to manage and provide estimates for requests in the development queue and perform tests on the solutions built. The successful candidate should have positive attitude to learn new development standards and skills. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Python Developer you will
What we value
- Develop and maintain ongoing automation initiatives.
- Maintaining existing code base and solutions.
- Perform Project Analysis of requirements received for each development effort.
- Manage a list of development efforts over a dispersed number of business areas.
- Engage the existing development resources to ensure best practices are being applied and or promote new best practices.
- Manage/maintain oversight of the promotion and demonstration of strategic initiatives assigned to the team.
- Continually review and redefine development processes e.g. learn new methods.
- Prepare relevant project documentation according to agreed standards.
- Provide regular status reporting to the project/program leads and management.
- Track, manage and escalate issues and risks.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Conduct adhoc reports, administration, projects and tasks as required.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, time management skills.
- Be a team player by working with other team members to deliver work within agreed deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with others and conduct research where required.
- Proactively resolve inquiries and exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- 2-plus year experience with proven process automation using Python.
- 3-plus years of work experience.
- Being familiar with object oriented programming.
- Any other programming language knowledge would be a plus (i.e. C#, Java, SQL).
- Familiarity of Agile development methods would be an advantage.
- Familiarity of Python libraries Pandas, SQL Alchemy and xlwings would be an advantage.
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers