Senior Audit Manager - Corporate Audit, VP
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Senior Audit Manager to join our team in Krakow. The focus of this senior level job is to effectively lead, manage and develop a team of up 20 auditors, with potential for increase going forward, and continuously managing the relationship with various stakeholders (local business management and Corporate Audit management). Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Senior Audit Manager you will
What we value
- Represent the Corporate Audit function within State Street Bank International (SSBI) GmbH Poland Branch, reporting to the SSBI GmbH Head of Corporate Audit. In this role the Senior Audit Manager needs to develop and build up a strong relationship with internal clients and effectively manage and develop an audit team.
- Proactively collaborate with SSB Intl GmbH Poland Branch senior management by providing independent advise to improve the control environment in fast-changing operational environment.
- Oversee multiple audits pertaining to State Street Bank Intl GmbH's activities and State Street's Business Operation Units which would mostly include custody, fund administration, depositary bank/trustee audits in Europe.
- As part of audit production, be responsible for ensuring the audit team is supporting and constructively challenging internal clients to manage the organization's risks and controls, as well as compliance with applicable regulations, corporate policies and procedures within State Street Bank Intl GmbH and the State Street Group.
- Prepare and/or review audit reports to present clear, accurate, objective, concise, and timely communication of risks and issues to senior management.
- Manage and oversee multiple teams of audit professionals to ensure work is performed in accordance with COSO Integrated Framework and the Corporate Audit Division and IIA standards and meet Division deadlines. This includes providing ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation to the audit team.
- Assess the audit skills needed to evaluate risk and perform the audits; review the audit plan and assess resource needs; develop key relationships with the Business; execute the audit plan.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent analytical, problem resolving, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field and/or Master's degree a plus. CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- 10+ years of Audit experience and/or related experience including 7+ years of experience managing complex audit operations or related projects or related fields preferably in a financial services organization.
- Thorough knowledge of COSO
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus
About State Street What we do.
- Premium life insurance package
- Employee savings plan
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers