Senior / DevOps Network Engineer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. What is the Network & Data Services group responsible for?
Our Network & Data Services team ensure all communication lines, voice and data network, are established and secure across our 60 offices.
You will be responsible for transforming Franklin Templeton Global Network Services into an agile and machine learning culture, focusing on replacing manual tasks with automated functionality, extending network automation capabilities, apply continuous improvements to the network services through automation. This position requires an experienced person who has successfully implemented proven automation solutions on auto remediation of alarm monitoring, increase remediation velocity reducing outage MTTR, and increase efficiency and quality in network change management. You will be responsible for setting up, developing, and maintaining computer networks within the organization and between organizations. You will provide first/second-line support to users and partners, troubleshooting any problems that arise, and network administration.
Responsibilities include participation in design, implementation, and upgrades to Franklin's voice and data network infrastructure technologies and services. The technologies and services include Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Cisco Call Manager, Genesys Contact Center, and IPC Trading System and Turrets. In addition, the individual will be responsible for providing day to day support services for Franklin's current production voice and data network.
To be successful in this role, the Engineer will be expected to work in partnership with others in the Communications Services, Infrastructure Engineering, Global Data Center Operations and Application Development teams to effectively support the project deliverables and operational requirements of Franklin's Telecommunications Services. This position requires experience working with International Support Teams and Vendors. The Engineer must be flexible and will be required on occasion to perform work outside of normal business hours. What are the ongoing responsibilities of Senior / DevOps Network Engineer?
Qualifications What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Work in partnership with the broader Technology teams to effectively support the operational processes and procedures associated with the ongoing management and administration of Franklin's Communications Systems
- Assist in the development and deployment of communication (voice/data/video) solutions and configuration management; including operational testing, support process development, general release planning and deployment, planning and end user training/acceptance
- Manage the infrastructure in accordance with established operational practices
- Follow standard configuration guidelines when performing system moves, additions and changes
- Update documentation and monitor system performance
- Manage small to medium scale projects in accordance with established processes
- Lead or participate in management of problem resolution and escalation activities
- Perform root cause analysis
- Participate in vendor management activities associated with the ongoing maintenance, support and enhancement of the company's infrastructure and related services
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning of complex voice and data networks including contact center solutions.
- Monitor voice and data network infrastructure components to ensure key performance indicator targets are achieved.
- Build and maintain spreadsheets and related discovery documents for telecommunications infrastructure environments.
- Keeps colleagues and managers abreast of current and future I.T. development activities.
- Remains abreast of emerging technical issues affecting the telecommunications infrastructure environment currently employed by company.
- Work with team leaders to make recommendations relating to practice methodologies and tools.
- A technical Bachelor's degree, technology area certification or equivalent combination of a Bachelor's degree plus significant hands-on experience in the implementation of telecommunications systems and call centers systems.
- Experience with Object Oriented/Scripting languages, Python, VB script, Ruby, Java, Js, .NET, Groovy
- Experience creating automation programs from the ground up for network functions
- Experience with data science and machine learning
- Possess hands on experience on RPA tools in market (3+ years)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Five years practical work experience in the design, deployment and support of large network & data and voice infrastructure environments.
- Voice and Data Network technical area certifications, preferably CISCO
- Practical work experience in the deployment and support of network solutions for medium to large size distributed enterprises utilizing the following technologies and standards:
Switching Architectures - Cisco Nexus OS and Catalyst IOS
Cisco Routers and ASA, Wireless
MPLS and GET VPN
Routing Protocols: BGP, EIGRP & RIP
Cisco CUCM (Call Manager), SME, CUC voice platforms (Version 11.5 or higher)
Cisco Voice Gateways (SIP, MGCP)
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Working knowledge of Windows/Linux systems, applications, process automation software and/or techniques, and databases
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.