Commercial Bank - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries - Senior KYC Manager - ED/VP
CommercialBanking Know Your Customer (KYC) Manager
As one of theworld's premier commercial and investment banks, JPMorgan Chase servescorporations, financial institutions, governments and institutional investorsaround the world. We advise clients on corporate strategy and structure, helpthem raise capital, make markets in financial instruments and providesophisticated risk management services. Commercial Banking
CommercialBanking leads the way in supporting businesses with annual revenues between $20million and $2 billion as they achieve and sustain their competitive edge.Whether an organization conducts business across town or across borders, we arecommitted to transforming its banking experience, regardless of industry. Withcustomizable credit and financing, treasury solutions, international bankingand real estate services that scale to growing businesses, we ensure we arebringing the best services and expertise to every aspect of our clients'financial needs.
The CorporateClient Banking and Specialized Industries (CCBSI) EMEA team is part of theCommercial Bank (CB) at JPMorgan Chase and focuses solely on EMEA headquarteredcompanies with global operations typically with revenues of over $500mm whichrequire traditional banking services in addition to investment bankingproducts. Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market in a trulyunique way - through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investmentbankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customizedfinancial solutions. Our investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients,which are executed with investment banking products. Our corporate bankersprovide commercial banking products and structure loan facilities for ourclients. This approach brings together integrated financial services rangingfrom cash management to raising capital and partners closely with InvestmentBanking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Treasury Services and Asset andWealth Management, among others.
The Know Your Customer (KYC) Manager
is responsible for theday-to-day overall management of KYC Relationship Officers (KRO). The KYC Manager, based out of Warsaw and reporting to the CCBSI KYC Executive,who is located in the United States, is a key player to ensuring the businessis implementing and maintaining a robust AML/KYC program and will work in closepartnership with Bankers, Treasury, Credit, Compliance, and other internalpartners. The KYC Manager will manage a team of KROs, who are responsiblefor completing KYC for EMEA based CCBSI clients. The KYC Manager is responsiblefor recruiting, performance management, employee development and coaching,training and staff readiness as well as managing the team's pipeline of work,escalating issues or concerns, and effectively partnering with the variouscompliance stakeholders, all to ensure a robust KYC program.
- Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback via informal discussions, quarterly/semiannual meetings and annual review process. Manages the team's pipeline to ensure timely completion of KYC records and appropriate management of the team's capacity
- Work directly with head of CCBSI EMEA to support business needs
- Coordinate and lead regular team meetings, where appropriate
- Provide KROs with guidance and resources to perform their specified job functions
- Act as a point of contact for escalations and high priority requests from internal/external stakeholders
- Facilitates the collaboration of ideas and recommends the best solutions
- Participating in the interviewing and hiring of new KROs
- Work with direct manager and local market leadership to maintain proactive management of client escalations, issues and other items that require special handling related to KYC record completion
- Partner effectively with compliance stakeholders as needed to ensure risks and escalations are handled correctly
- Scheduling and attending meetings with the CCBSI EMEA banking teams, ensuring proper engagement and responsiveness to their requests
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in financial services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (must be proficient in English)
- Exceptionally proficient in English, both verbal and written fluency is necessary
- Excellent people and resource management skills (e.g. people development, pipeline/skills monitoring, training programs)
- Prior management/supervisory experience required (minimum two years; five or more years preferred)
- KYC/AML/BSA experience is a plus
- Being aware of regulatory changes and current events, both local and cross border, that may have an impact on existing and potential client relationships
- Adept to meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to attend critical meetings during US business hours
- Able to work independently while ensuring success to the broader objective of the firm
- Adapt to change and display receptiveness to changing job responsibilities
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills, ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with internal partners and leverage internal resources
- Ability to use various computer and internet applications and tools to support the KYC process, including reporting, analyzing and tracking metrics
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.