Java Developer - Equity Accelerate Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB About the team
The Securities Trade Processing team is the engine room that powers the Global Markets Division by enabling our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk, We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products on exchanges worldwide and our technology is driving industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration on an incredible scale! Why join the Securities Trade Processing team?
In our team you will have opportunity to:
- Work on a greenfield project aiming to rebuild the Equities post-execution stack on a low-latency based platform to provide scale, resiliency and faster time to market of new features to drive growing business and client demand.
- Gain experience in building mission-critical distributed real-time transaction processing systems with high-throughput characterises. The heart of the platform is called "Atlas" which is a scalable messaging backbone which ensures rapid and reliable distribution of messages to a horizontally scalable set of processing nodes. These nodes provide either functional processing, interfaces to upstream and downstream systems, and user workflow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Be part of agile, self-organized global team, and work closely with the global business and technical colleagues to deliver value to clients and business.
- Learn technology stack and paradigms such as: Core Java, Kafka, Agrona, event-driven architecture, event sourcing, actor-based programming, CQRS, distributed caching (Apache Ignite), NoSQL (MongoDB), React JS (front-end)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experienced Core Java Developer
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Automation & Robotics, Physics)
- Self-motivating individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and focus on quality
- Working experience with storage technologies (NoSQL databases, distributed caching)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in messaging technologies: Kafka, Rabbit MQ, JMS etc.
- Familiarity with design aspects of high-throughput systems
- Experience in building distributed real-time and transaction processing systems
- Knowledge of financial markets would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity