- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Platform Engineer - Technology & Operations
- Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Platform Engineer - Technology & OperationsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Contribute to the design, development, delivery and support of container hosting platforms using both Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and also open source Kubernetes and docker
• Assist internal customers with re-architecting and migrating their applications for a container and micro-services platform
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
• Own and deliver features and stories in the Container Platforms sprints, peer programming and peer-reviewing with other team members
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
Our Ideal Candidate
• You are comfortable and accomplished in using the building blocks of container orchestration - docker and Kubernetes - to build great systems
• You know your way round Linux operating systems as well as you know your way round your home town
• Being certified in Kubernetes or OpenShift would be a great advantage, as would being a certified Linux engineer
• You're likely a graduate of an engineering or other technical / mathematical discipline
• You know at least one programming or scripting language really well, and you're able to work through and understand code and configuration files whatever the language or format
Apply now to join the Bank and start your journey with us.