Treasury/CIO CAO - Regulatory Reporting Operations (Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk) - Associate
Treasury/CIO CAO - Associate - Regulatory Reporting Operations (Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk)
ABOUT Treasury/Chief Investment Office
T/CIO Global Operations is part of the Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) which is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management including:
- Aggregating and managing the firm's structural interest rate risk, primarily through a global investment portfolio.
- Managing the firm's funding and liabilities, including both long term debt and short term cash deployment.
- Aggregating, managing and reporting the firm's liquidity risk.
- Aggregating and managing the firm's structural foreign exchange.
- Managing the end to end risk weighted assets and capital process.
ABOUT: Regulatory Reporting Operations (Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk)
The Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Reporting Operations team within T/CIO provides support for the firm in regards to liquidity and structured interest rate risk (SIRR) reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all information in support of the firm's internal and regulatory Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk reporting and analytics
- Meeting external regulatory reporting requirements (LCR, 5G, COREP, Stress, IRRBB etc.)
- Supporting regulatory reviews and assessments (CLAR, ILAAP, Recovery and Resolution etc.)
- Liaising with reporting stakeholders including Liquidity Policy and Regulatory Management (LPRM), Liquidity Risk Oversight (LRO) and all JP Morgan Line of Business Treasury teams, on reporting methodologies, adjustments and policy updates
The team is comprised of ~ 90 people with locations in North America, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Poland and India.
- Own end to end CTMO control agenda across Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk. Partner with CTMO stakeholders across the globe to ensure consistency of operations and strength of controls. Specific focus on:
- Control Maintenance, including Standard Operating Procedure and User Tool governance & supporting management of CTMO Action Plans (items that highlight control gaps, requiring remediation)
- Control Uplift, including ensuring BCBS compliance, supporting move of the daily LRI operating model from T+2 to T+1 & implementation of advanced data diagnostics including historical trending & rule based alerting to identify abnormal shifts in the firm's positions
- Analysis of existing activities across Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk to identify opportunities for process improvement in the control space (to drive efficiencies, consistencies and process simplification). To include:
- Working closely with different stakeholders to understand, document, and evaluate current processes
- Conducting interviews with key persons, performing data analyses and creating process maps
- Understanding and identifying key control points within the operating model
- Documenting suitable KPIs that can be leveraged to track performance with breaches escalated to senior management
- Recommending potential solutions to issues based on analytical conclusions. To include:
- Identifying improvements and leveraging available toolsets (Robotics, Xceptor, Abacus, Tableau, Excel, Access, Python) to own and implement changes through to completion
- Eliciting requirements for new processes and changes; working with Technology to build out technical solutions, and support testing, as required
- Own implementing the change end to end within the operating model, with partnership with technology and business stakeholders.
- Opportunities to leverage firm sponsored innovative toolkits, examples include data transformation and dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Drive an effort to enhance CTMO stakeholder engagement
- Help support build out of stakeholder engagement model across x-LOB x-product suppliers within the firm
- Roll out monthly checkpoint meetings with LOBs to provide forum to discuss current stress in BAU operating model, opportunities for partnership and to escalate concerns
- Own relationships with risk and control, internal auditors and CTMO team leads to satisfy internal and external control requirements
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in the financial services industry, preferably within a regulatory reporting/policy department
- Bachelor degree required (Engineering, Finance or Business degree preferable)
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and committed to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good logical and analytical skills, strong accounting skills and aptitude to work with numbers
- Sound knowledge of varied financial products or balance sheet management is required
- Prior work experience in liquidity and/ or interest rate risk management programs would be preferred
- Proficiency in MS office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint) is required
- Candidate should be flexible with working weekends when required for Production releases
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with different teams and different levels of management - ability to foster communication and partnership within and across teams
- Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills, and ability to multitask, in order to handle a variety of different responsibilities at the same time and bring tasks to complete closure.
- Requires strong attention to detail to ensure consistency across processes and submissions
- Strong critical thinking, investigative problem-solving and decision making talents.
About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.