Alternative Funds Manager
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Alternative Funds Manager, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The Alternative Funds Manager is responsible for the management of funds and client investment portfolios created by the Alternative Funds Management function. Responsible for the achievement of budgeted performance objectives for the funds and portfolios under his/her management in compliance with established policies, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements.
The Alternative Funds Manager is responsible for the efficient and timely execution of transactions and for addressing questions or enquiries in connection with the portfolios. Role Description:
- Contributes to the business development planning process in connection with the Alternative Funds management function.
- Contributes to the implementation of the business plan, with the aim of achieving set volume, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Focuses on the achievement of the associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be monitored periodically.
- Ensures the application of best market practice across all aspects of his/her fund and portfolio management activities.
- Recommends appropriate pricing structures/ policies re: funds/portfolio management.
- Identifies new business opportunities in conjunction with the respective unit heads and thereby contributes to business growth.
- Operates within the targeted departmental budget and in accordance with individually-assigned investment activity parameters.
- Contributes to the provision of value-added services to existing/ potential clients, with the aim of meeting/exceeding clients' performance expectations.
- Works with colleagues to maintain effective relationships with associated business functions including Custodians, Auditors, Trustees etc).
- Processes orders, forms and applications re: the purchase and sale of securities in accordance with the investment guidelines stipulated in respect of each individual fund/portfolio.
- Actively contributes to discussions re: the introduction of new funds/portfolios.
- Contributes to the preparation of Investment Management Agreements, Investment Policy Statements, Term Sheets etc. in accordance with the directions of the AGM Investment & Funds Management.
- Actively contributes to the launch of new funds/portfolios.
- Monitors closely the performance of the funds/portfolios under his/her management and takes remedial action if and when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Mathematics or Economics.
- CFA or equivalent professional certification is an advantage.
- 6 years Alternative Fund/Portfolio Management experience, of which 3 years should have been in a similar role, preferably in the Gulf.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV