2019 Platts Commercial Development Graduate Program
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Feb 19
2019 Platts Commercial Development Graduate Program
The Role: S&P Global Platts Commercial Graduate Program for 2019 has two cohorts, each with an approximate duration of 18 months, starting on March 4, 2019 and September 2, 2019. It begins with an intensive 4 - 5 weeks training schedule in London, followed by further training in the Singapore office focusing on building a foundational knowledge of the commodity markets, developing essential business-related skills while learning about various Platts data, research and analytical products. Combined with on-the-job learning, participants must complete and pass certification milestones along with a rigorous evaluation process that will test and stretch their skills and capabilities.
You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global Platts in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality price assessments and analytical information to the world's financial and commodity markets. Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency worldwide. As the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries and with 20 offices spanning five continents, you will form part of a truly globally diverse workforce.
The Location: Singapore
The Team/The Business: You will be part of a rapidly growing organization with an exceptional corporate culture. Our data, analytics, and research help our customers make informed, smarter business decisions and investments. We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of current undergraduates or recent graduates who are passionate about the energy and commodities markets and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing and multicultural commercial team. You will be someone who can quickly work out how to make things happen through intellectual curiosity, creativity, exceptional learning agility and problem solving skills as well as effective networking and collaboration skills.
The Impact: Initially starting in Client Services, you would be a primary contact for clients, providing solutions to their requests in a timely, professional and courteous manner and providing training on Platts products through WebEx and onsite visits. As you progress though the program, you will have the opportunity to support the sales team and ultimately generate additional revenue that helps to grow our business.
What's In It For You:
You will join as a member of a cohort of commercial associates. Initial training will commence in London (expenses paid by S&P Global Platts). Here, you will be introduced to world-class experts in various commodities including former chief economists, traders and risk managers. They will give presentations about how commodity markets work and provide insightful perspectives on global economic, political, technological and legal issues linked to their specializations. You will also be enrolled in an e-learning curriculum, providing foundational knowledge about the technical aspects of various commodities and markets.
Within weeks you will have the opportunity to present topics to senior management and to get constructive feedback on your progress. Throughout the program you will learn how to use tools including Platts products, Excel add-ins and CRM systems.
You will be challenged on a daily basis with a steep learning curve. You will get an opportunity to work with a broad range of clients including governments, investment banks, commodity trading houses, major oil and gas companies, hedge funds and industry and get to be part of a large energetic and international team with fantastic opportunities for growth.
Career paths after the 18-month initial phase of the program include:
- Analytical Sales
- Client Services
- Product Specialist
- Help clients to navigate and extract data from the S&P Global Platts product range.
- Liaise with the content, commercial and technical teams to address any client queries and ensure our data is maintained to the highest standards.
- Proactively reaching out to clients for face-to-face/WebEx training (this will apply towards the later stages of development once fully fluent and certified on the product range).
- Conduct research about important issues at the forefront of energy and commodity markets and present this to colleagues.
- Support sales teams with research and proposals.
- Build account plans to support strategic sales teams.
- Design data-driven models and templates for clients.
- Create marketing materials for commercial culture initiatives and future graduate cohorts.
- Getting involved in special project initiatives where determined necessary by management.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 in a BSc or BA degree, or equivalent.
- Final year of studies with the expected graduation date by mid-2019.
- Fluent command of English is a prerequisite. Additional ASEAN / Regional languages are highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You must have good telephone manners and be comfortable presenting to large groups both in person and remotely.
- Familiarity with or strong interest in learning about financial markets.
- Good PC skills including the Microsoft Office product range.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently.
- Willingness to learn and take on a wide variety of tasks.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com