2022 Technology Full Time Analyst - Cybersecurity (Singapore)
This role is for the Fraud and Cyber Analytics Team.
The mission of the global Technology Division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm's strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. Technology & Operations Risk (TOR) is part of the global Technology organization and manages operations and technology related risks on behalf of the firm. The group's key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive, and consistent risk management to enable the execution of the firm's strategy. TOR's mandate is to enable the firm to manage its technology and date related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive, and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TOR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk. Training Program
Starting in August, our global Technology Analyst Program (TAP) consists of a 15-week immersive training curriculum which accelerates talent, enabling them to become productive technologists quickly and poised to build long careers at Morgan Stanley. The program includes an orientation to Technology globally, intensive technical training, introduction to proprietary technologies, and functional training culminating in a four-week group project. A key component of TAP is supporting Analysts to build strong global and regional peer networks. The comprehensive skills acquired during our training programs provide the tools necessary for the Associate role. Fraud & Cyber Analytics:
The global Fraud & Cyber Analytics team plays a critical role in the detection of cyber threats against the Morgan Stanley network. As part of the Threat Hunt function, team members will contribute to the delivery of a suite of advanced external and internal monitoring capabilities to enable real time threat detection delivered to incident response teams. Threat Hunt's mission is to seek out attacks against the Morgan Stanley network, to develop defensive strategies, and to reduce risk to Morgan Stanley assets. A Threat Hunt detection engineer works to develop cutting edge analytics to help defend Morgan Stanley's networks, partner with multiple organizations across the Firm, and produce actionable outputs from those analytics.
Responsibilities may include:
• Analyze security logs to look for indicators of attack and compromise, and threat activity patterns
• Research on latest threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures for analytic development potential
• Develop specific, cutting edge analytics to detect malicious activity in our technology environment
• Engage with stakeholders to identify opportunities to tune existing analytics Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
• Bachelor's degree, Master's or PhD candidates expecting to graduate between December 2021 and July 2022
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Data Analytics or other technical / quantitative majors preferred.
• A genuine interest in cybersecurity and an appetite and desire for deep research and innovation in this area
• You have experience with at least one programming language: e.g. Python, C++ or Java.
• You have basic operating system knowledge (Windows and Unix).
• You are detail oriented, and a critical thinker who can anticipate issues and solve problems.
• You have excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork, and analytical skills.
• You are fluent in English.
• Experience in the Financial Services sector is not required. Application Process and Deadline
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply early.