2023 Summer Internship - Analyst, Gas, Power and, Climate Solutions - 2023 (Singapore)
The Role :
2023 Summer Internship - Analyst, Gas, Power and Climate Solutions (Singapore)
S&P Global Commodity Insights is seeking intern candidates that will be involved in working directly within our Gas, Power, and Climate Solutions (GPCS) research and analytics teams. The intern will have a front-row seat in a leading research organization's work in energy markets and energy transition across the globe. As a part of the internship, candidates will have the opportunity to work on market fundamentals modelling and forecasting, policy analysis, conventional and renewable energies, new technology trends, carbon markets, among others. The Location: Singapore The Team/The Business:
You will be part of the global GPCS team and contribute to the wide-ranging research areas that we address across the globe including natural and low-carbon gases, power and renewables, clean energy technologies, carbon and environmental markets, as well as long-term scenario planning. We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduate & postgraduate institutions who are passionate about energy markets and energy transition and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing, and multicultural team. Ideal candidates need to be able to work well within a team and demonstrate exceptional learning agility, creativity, and problem-solving ability. What's in it for you:
- 10-week summer internship commencing in June 2023.
- Opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of how energy markets work and how they impact the ongoing energy transition
- Exposure to world-class thought leaders in each of the areas as well as to companies that operate in the energy sector
- Receive hands-on research and analytics training and experiences with senior researchers
- Potential opportunity to join the team as a full-time analyst post-graduation
What we're looking for:
- Conducting research and analysis as well as interacting with industry players to further solidify and enhance various research areas in GPCS.
- Helping to collect, manage, and analyze market data and information. Track and identify market trends in particular energy sectors in defined geographies.
- Supporting research on energy policies, costs, supply, demand, and prices as well as modelling efforts (e.g., power dispatch models) for forecasting purposes.
- Supporting in creation of market reports based on the research and analysis above.
- Working and coordinating closely with a large team of global analysts across the energy markets to align viewpoints, data, and outlooks.
- Supporting clients by answering questions in a comprehensive and timely manner via email, phone call, or in-person presentation.
- Working with product management, marketing, and commercial teams to promote our research among clients and prospects.
- Fully matriculated undergraduate or graduate students in penultimate year of study (graduation date: Winter 2023 or Summer 2024)
- All majors are welcome, with preference given to those that have taken classes in the sciences and economics
- Strong interest in energy and climate change
- Strong quantitative skills, including experience using Excel and/or other data analytics tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pick up new knowledge and multi-task
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills to work efficiently with colleagues and clients
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
282665 Posted On: