Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Associate to join our Real Asset Fund Administration team within the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) division in Singapore. This is an opportunity to join a global leader organization in financial services providing services to some of the world's most sophisticated institutions. What you will be responsible for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Manage an offshore team by actively engaging and reviewing their bookkeeping work
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Bookkeep as and when required
- Prepare financial statements including financial work papers, portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms
- Be a source of technical support and guidance to the offshore teams including becoming a mentor, conducting regular training to upskill the offshore teams, and potentially traveling to the offshore location in Asia to provide advanced training
- Manage communication with the clients, fund investors and other investment professionals, delivering quality service by ensuring deliverables are met and exceeding expectations
- Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are followed
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Support new business integration and ensure operating models are designed to deliver best of breed service to clients bringing to bear our global footprint
- Perform period bank and cash reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly management reports for clients
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Real Estate or Private Equity Fund Accounting
- Experience in the real estate alternative asset industry is preferred
- Fluent in English required & Mandarin is a plus
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Investran and/or Oracle is preferred
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel is a plus
- Candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 5 years of accounting experience is required.
- Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a must. Strong interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude, meticulous are essential. Strong computer skills are required.
About State Street What we do.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High integrity with attention to detail
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to "think outside the box" and embrace different work methodologies
- Team player with a proactive and positive approach to your work
- Willing to take up challenges in new areas.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers