About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Scope
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled AI engineer with a love for solving business problems evolving around data, ML, analytics tied to technology infrastructure, business or tech operations. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate engineer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift in the financial sector. We want people driven by the mission! The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- You will be responsible for modelling/building and delivering predictive analytics models to production working with technologists, quants and other data scientists as required.
Others desirable skills/knowledge and traits
- MSC or Masters or PHD specifically in Mathematics, Statistics or AI equivalent.
- Experience in machine learning, predictive analytics.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Building predictive analytics/ML models in Python for a finTech or Financial company - data context: structured (timeseries, well defined datasets) or unstructured data.
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) building solutions using spark, Tensorflow, no-SQL (mongo), postgres, SQL DBs (oracle db).
- Experienced in deploying python based models in production using established devops pipelines (bitbucket, ansible, use of VMs, AWS..)
- Years of expereince - 5+ years
- Passionate about data-driven solutions.
- Familiar with financial markets
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to be self-driven in one's work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team spirit
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.