AM - Distribution (AVP/VP) Singapore
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
As one of the world's leading financial institutions, Credit Suisse provides its clients with investment banking, private banking, and asset management services worldwide. The Asset management business (CSAM) has approximately CHF440 billion in assets under management and employs over 1,800 people worldwide.
CSAM offers products across a range of asset classes ranging from equities, fixed income and multi-asset class products to alternative investments such as real estate, hedge funds, private equity, infrastructure and joint venture partnerships. CSAM manages mandates, mutual funds, and other investment vehicles for a broad range of clients, including large institutions and governments, private banks and individual clients. CSAM operates globally and in partnership with other divisions within the bank to deliver best in class investment opportunities and solutions.
Distribution is one of the key functions within CSAM Asia, with professionals in Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, as well as in Shanghai with our joint venture ICBC CS Asset Management.
CSAM is seeking to grow its Non-Japan Asia distribution team with a seasoned professional who can help to grow its Singapore-based coverage of Institutional and Private Banks investors, bringing with them, experience building positive relationships and servicing clients in these markets.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values. Reporting Relationship
This position will report to a senior member of the Distribution Team. Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the overall distribution strategy for NJA with a focus on growth of the business in Singapore, and over time certain Southeast Asian markets.
- Responsible for the sales planning, strategy setting, new business development, and building and maintaining of strategic account relationships.
- Assist with the regional sales target with respect to key client segments, target strategies and new fund launches.
- Collaborate with distribution, product and marketing colleagues to ensure best-practice and high quality delivery of products and solutions.
- Establish strong relationships with institutions in Singapore, and certain Southeast Asian markets, uncovering new clients and opportunities for the firm.
- Coordinate with other functions within the Firm to capitalize on potential new business.
- Seek to ensure all distribution activities conform to and meet relevant regulations, CS code of conducts and policies.
- This position is based in Singapore, and may involve regional travel from time to time per cross-border regulations and licensing requirements.
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. Educational requirements
- Bachelor degree with a major in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- An advanced degree or qualifications an advantage
- 5+ years experience in Singapore, in a sales or distribution role with an investment bank or asset manager, hedge fund or alternatives firm.
- Good understanding of institutional landscape and key Private Banks in Singapore.
- Experience in managing client relationships and balancing multiple priorities without sacrificing quality and consistency of delivery.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on collaboration among team members
Technical / Business skills and Knowledge
- Strong professional network
- Outstanding interpersonal ability and can engender trust with clients and internal business partners
- Strong collaborator with a focus on individual contribution as part of a high achieving team
- Ability to prioritize, manage follow up and close business, including after sales service
- Dedication and motivation to drive business
- Heightened awareness of local and company regulations and policies self-compliance
Training & Competence Regulations
- PC, Power point and Excel skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems, Bloomberg, etc.
MAS Licenses on Funds Management and Advising on Investment Products
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.