Wells Fargo is seeking an APAC COO Infrastructure & Shared Services Lead as part of the International Infrastructure and Shared Services COO Leadership team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com. Responsibilities
As a member of the International Infrastructure and Shared Services COO leadership team, the role will:
Direct line management responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of global CIB and CB risk programmes in APAC, as an extension of the International Infrastructure and Shared Services team
- Ensure consistency in application of processes and controls with the International target operating model, whilst maintaining compliance with local requirements
- Liaise with local stakeholders, e.g. Corporate Property Group, Corporate Security and Technology, on projects either led by them or the International Infrastructure and Shared Services team and on business-as-usual activity.
- Ensure the services provided by the team to the APAC business are fit for purpose and in line with stakeholder's expectations
- Manage escalations into International leaders and governance forums as well as handle escalations into the region
- Measure and track the performance of the teams vs. local business / regulatory / legal entity priorities
- Ensure the maintenance of regional specific documentation / procedures by the local shared service functions
- Contribute to and facilitate implementation of local head count related plans (new / replacement hires, budgeting, cross training etc.)
- Engage risk and logistics functions in the region to ensure they are connected into the relevant topics
- Identify and drive strategic cost and operating efficiencies across the team's activities
- Oversee regional connectivity and timely responses on client complaints, conduct risk issues etc.
- Coordinate / overseeing internal and external audits and Testing & Validation reviews
- Own in region cross discipline audit / testing corrective actions and partner with the International Shared Service Leads to prioritize and resolve
- Run / coordinate special projects raised by the CIB APAC Co-Heads / COO or International Shared Service Leads
- Ensure collaborative relationships and that the Shared Services team is embedded with the line of business COO teams
- Line management of the APAC team members of the International Infrastructure and Shared Services team; working closely with International leads to ensure consistency of performance management and act as a local point of contact for line management queries
- Support career development of the team, setting performance goals, identifying training requirements and managing promotions within the team
- 4+ years of Business Execution, Implementation, or Strategic Planning experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years Leadership experience
We Value Diversity
- Operational experience in a Corporate Investment Banking with a strong understanding of operational resiliency requirements
- Experience in dealing with senior leaders across business divisions and risk and control departments
- Proactive and disciplined approach to managing assigned periodic responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of CIB products, their execution channels, industry trends and their control frameworks
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements across the APAC region
- Experience in running multiple concurrent projects and playing various roles within them
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (VBA a plus) and PowerPoint
- Mandarin / Japanese language skills a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to think logically
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Sound judgement with a high level of discretion
- Dynamic, highly motivated, target oriented and professionally committed
- Resilient, proactive, and hands-on with a can-do attitude
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process. Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.