APAC FCC Investigations Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Our Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") function is responsible for conducting investigation on potential AML/CFT suspicious activity, advising and engaging the business for the appropriate standards for compliance with the applicable AML/CFT laws, rules and regulations.
Your future colleagues
- Undertake investigations into potential suspicious activity reported by staff or triggered from surveillance alerts, production orders, regulatory requests, media monitoring etc.
- Where a reasonable suspicion is formed, you would recommend and prepare the appropriate Suspicion Transaction Report with the concurrence of the MLRO or delegate to the applicable local authorities
- Follow through on end-to-end process including client retention recommendation, addition of names to watch lists, other risk mitigation measures and support review work post STR filing
- On a rotational basis, manage and response to queries received in the group mailbox for the team, including responding to regulatory request for information and document
- Support team leads to produce appropriate management information and raise potential issues to the Investigation Head in a timely manner
- Coordinate with team leaders to draft, review and produce policies or procedures for the AML investigation framework as needed
- Work with the Singapore Head of FCC Investigations in crafting and implementing a robust investigative framework that is fit for purpose
- Stay ahead of the latest money laundering typologies and other case studies as well as translating the latest investigative techniques or evolving money laundering typologies into investigative work
- Play a role as needed in change the bank or run the bank projects related to AML investigation framework
- Seek to support the FCC Investigations and team leaders in handling any applicable audit or inspections
You will work within the team responsible for conducting AML related investigations for the Private Banking as well as Investment Banking businesses for the Bank in APAC and any applicable suspicious transaction reporting with the local authorities. In this role, you will report into the Singapore Head of FCC Investigations
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
You are expected to possess the below skills:
- Degree qualified with at least 5 years of track record in transactions and security/trade-related investigations or other related financial crime, AML or fraud fields
- Those with more experience may be considered for a more senior position.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of investigative techniques and AML typologies with strong report writing skills.
- Outstanding analytical with an eye for detail and possess an aptitude to be in a role which require making judgement.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.