We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our technology group as AVP/VP, Quantitative Strats, responsible in quantitative research to generate alpha. You will be embedded directly to the investment strategic and portfolio groups, ranging from fixed income, credit, commodities, FX strategies and long term investments. Responsibilities
- Embedded within an investment unit, you are to make use of data, science, technology and quantitative skillsets to value add directly to our fundamental investment team by providing material relevant insights supporting investment decisions or support the quantitative portfolio managers in their researches.
- The role spans from data ingestions and cleansing of various types of structured and unstructured data for research purposes to modelling, back testing, evaluation of model performances and "productionalize" models.
- Possesses Mathematical or Computing Background, with strong understanding and application experiences using statistics, Machine Learning and optimization techniques.
Candidates with knowledge or experiences in the following areas will have an edge:
- At least 4 years' relevant experience and possesses financial domain knowledge in Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Commodities, Structured products & derivatives.
- Proficiency in the following programming languages - R, Python, SQL.
- Proven experience in handling natural language processing (NLP).
To thrive in this role, candidates should have the following qualities:
- Prior experience handling data from various financial data providers.
- Good understanding and practical experiences in distributed processing (e.g. Apache SPARK), grid or gpu computing.
- NOSQL: Document databases (MongoDB), Graph Database (Neo4J) and columnar database (e.g HBASE).
- Data visualizations (D3.js) and business visualization tools like Tableau.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to deliver results extremely quickly.
- Ability to solve problems and to articulate ideas well to stakeholders and management.
- An excellent team player with a collaborative mind set.