We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
This is an opportunity to join GIC as an AVP/VP, Senior Business Analyst/Lead, Corporate Services Solutions (Technology Group, Business Partner & Solutions). You will be part of a dynamic team that provides support and thought leadership for Corporate Services. Responsibilities
- You will have the opportunity to partner with the internal audit and tax department to understand their business needs, oversee multiple projects and implement technology solutions
- Analyze from a holistic perspective business needs, mutual inter-dependencies, risks and benefits to propose the best solution
- Define project scope, requirements and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress. Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques. Report and escalate to management as needed
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members.
- As a thought leader with a collaborative mind-set, engage hand-in-hand with various facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team in GIC as well as industry peers and partners
- Collaborate with industry leading professionals and be exposed to extraordinary array of professional and personal growth opportunities at the intersection of international finance and technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 4 years' relevant experience analyzing, solution development and project implementation.
- At least 4 years' project leading experience in asset/fund management or financial services industries, specifically for internal audit and tax departments.
- Prior experience with data science projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and qualifications such as CFA or MFE will be an added advantage.
- Ability to digest and distill data and information to formulate compelling proposals.
- Programming experience in Python and Hadoop/Spark, and SQL working proficiency will be a huge plus.
- Ability to communicate with all level of expertise and articulate technical concepts to drive discussions.
- Possess strong collaboration & interpersonal skills, ability to partner and work effectively across teams and with business stakeholders.