Group Legal & Compliance ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- You will be part of the Legal & Compliance team providing regulatory advice on MAS regulations to units within the bank's Technology & Operations function. This includes partnering their efforts to drive new businesses initiatives, process improvements and Managing Through Journeys to deliver exceptional outcomes to customers.
- The role will also require you to work collaboratively with other functions within the Bank as well as in-country legal & compliance counterparts across DBS markets to execute on initiatives as well as advise on the application of Group policies and standards.
- You will be a regulatory liaison contact on behalf of DBS and assist with the management of regulatory requests, examinations and perform assessments and reporting of regulatory issues in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in the formulation and review of Group policies, standards and guides taking into account regulatory requirements and developments; upkeep the team's internal knowledge repository and translating them into further resources and training materials as needed.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in a regulatory, legal or privacy function in a financial institution or regulatory environment.
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and data protection laws in Singapore. Candidates with good familiarity of their contextual application to financial products and arrangements will be strongly considered.
- An independent self-starter with interests in and to conduct research in digital trends and their related regulatory developments.
- Comfortable with change management and dealing with stakeholders across all levels of seniority. Good communication skills are essential.
- A strong team player, with track record of working well in a collaborative environment as well as a demonstrated ability to work independently to deliver on tasks assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.