AVP, AML, Suspicious Transaction Reporting Officer, Group Legal and Regulatory Compliance
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Group Legal and Regulatory Compliance (GLRC) supports the Bank in all legal, regulatory and compliance matters. The division ensures that the Bank's businesses comply with policies, procedures and relevant laws, rules and regulations issued by Monetary Authority of Singapore and other local regulators.
Apart from being a legal advisor on litigation, trademark filings and other legality issues where relevant, GLRC plays an important role as undertakers of the bank-wide regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering initiatives. This includes developing policies and procedures to manage and mitigate risks relating to money laundering and financing of terrorism, as well as monitoring, detection and combating of money laundering and financial crime activities. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Investigate all internal escalations on unusual transactions
- Conduct research through opened/closed source databases
- Advise business units / business compliance on STR related issues
- Document investigation findings
- File Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) to the relevant Authorities within stipulated timeline
- Participate in AML related projects
- A good university degree with min 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Ideal candidate should also have background in AML/CFT investigations and financial fraud.
- Candidate must possess strong attention to details, research, analytical and investigation skills
- Proficient in writing with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with high level of initiative and follow-through skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Knowledge in banking products and experience working in a financial institution on AML / KYC/ anti-fraud related projects is an advantage.
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.