AVP, Big Data Analyst (QlikView/Qlik Sense), Institutional Banking Group Data Chapter, Group Transformation
The Institutional Banking Group's (IBG) Data Chapter team is committed to building a data driven organization and maximizing the key data capabilities to transform how IBG does business. Data impacts IBG's business every day, and a culture of relentlessly using data and business intelligence will enable IBG to achieve exponential growth Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their reporting needs within the Open Account Trade Products domain.
- Design and develop interactive and visually appealing data dashboards and reports using tools such as QlikView or Qlik Sense.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and reliability of data presented in the dashboards.
- Continuously improve and optimize existing dashboards to provide more insightful information to stakeholders.
- Lead data analysis projects from initiation to completion, ensuring they are aligned with Business objectives.
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables, and develop project plans and timelines.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, data engineers, and other relevant stakeholders to gather data and insights required for projects.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions to ensure projects are completed on time and within scope.
- Present project updates and findings to senior management and stakeholders
- Act as the primary point of contact for business stakeholders within the Open Account Trade Products domain.
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to understand their evolving data needs and priorities.
- Translate business questions into actionable data analysis and provide insights and recommendations that support decision-making.
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively communicating findings and ensuring their data requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, helping them improve technical expertise and acquire Open Account Trade Products domain knowledge.
- Promote a culture of data-driven decision-making by setting technical standards, sharing best practices and encouraging knowledge sharing within the team.
- Utilize data programming languages, including Python and SQL, to access, clean, transform, and manipulate data from various sources.
- Ensure data quality and integrity by implementing data validation and cleansing processes.
- Collaborate with data engineering teams to streamline data pipelines and automate data extraction and transformation tasks.
- Create clear and compelling data narratives using Excel and PowerPoint to convey data insights and trends.
- Tailor data presentations to the audience, whether technical or non-technical, ensuring effective communication of complex information.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop actionable recommendations based on data-driven insights.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance) is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data analysis and business intelligence, ideally with a focus on the Open Account Trade domain.
- Proficiency in data programming languages, including Python and SQL, for data extraction, transformation, and analysis.
- Strong experience with data visualization tools such as QlikView or QlikSense.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint for data presentation and storytelling.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and analytically.
- A 'can-do' attitude with a strong commitment to achieve results and driving data-driven decision-making.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- A pleasant personality and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.