AVP, Business Analyst – KYC & Sanctions, Group Compliance
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Support in bank initiatives, new acquisition or integration projects.
- Partner with business units in their projects to improve customer experience and achieve efficiencies.
- Drive efficiency and support customers in defining analytics, controls and system solutions.
- Provide guidance and act as SME for the KYC/Sanction Screening System.
- Understand business function and analyze users requirements, make a clear scope of project, build consensus and communicate to relevant stakeholders the impact of any upstream/system changes.
- Play a central role in aligning the needs of customers with the capabilities that can be delivered by technology.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement program to ensure optimization.
- Embed risk culture; strengthen compliance and coverage incl. onboarding, transaction monitoring.
- Ensure that the analytical process especially those impacting rules/systems change are properly documented and approved by the relevant parties as part of the governance process.
- Work with customers from user requirements to FSD review, data mapping, development, testing, implementation, post implementation performance tracking and support.
- Delivery of reports, timely trend and perform analysis on key business drivers- monthly, quarterly or ad hoc basis.
- Support and ensure that all audit or regulatory requirements are met.
- Work with various stakeholders regionally where there is DBS presence, including technology.
- Manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the progress of projects. Anticipate, identify, and resolve issues, communicating major issues and recommendations for decision making.
- Independently develop content and analyses for project deliverables and meetings/presentations for management as needed.
- Identify potential solutions and novel approaches to support requests/initiatives and/or to resolve identified issues.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in financial services, consulting or like industries.
- AML/Sanction/KYC/Watchlist/Risk related knowledge preferred but not a must.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive with good problem-solving skills.
- Commercial acumen supported by a data driven mindset.
- Working experience in SAS or SQL. Experience in R and/or Python is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in complex projects spanning IT, Analytics and Business areas.
- Relationship management skills to enable effective cross-functional activity and external partner effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.