The Faststream Recruitment Group is a highly specialist recruitment organization providing bespoke recruitment services to the Shipping, Marine and Oil & Gas sectors worldwide. Our core disciplines include; Commercial Shipping, Technical Shipping, Marine, Offshore and Oil & Gas. Established in 1999 Faststream has a network of offices in Asia, Europe and the Americas. For more available jobs, visit www.faststream.com * Fun, Fast Paced Environment * Global Specialist Market Leading Firm * Exceptional Staff Benefits
We are working with the world's leading Ship Owner Operator to find their new AVP for Corporate Accounting (Asia).
The AVP, Corporate Accounts directly reports to the Head of Group Finance. He / She is responsible for the overall guidance on accounting policies and procedures. The incumbent oversees the consolidation of the group's subsidiary accounts and acts as the point of contact for all financial inquiries from external parties. Additionally the incumbent develops and revises accounting practices and procedures as required to remain compliant with statutory requirements. The incumbent provides advice and direction to other department managers on accounting related matters as necessary.
- Provides leadership, direction, and day-to-day management for all aspects of accounting operations.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting, including month-end close process and accounts reconcilement processes.
- Ensures accurate, timely and consistent information is delivered to management and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statement audits and other audits as required.
- Ensures appropriate business and financial controls are in place and compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory standards.
- Lead the group's tax compliance processes
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Establishes scope of authority, schedule and responsibility for direct reports.
- Engages with direct reports and peers to align goals with organisational goals and objectives, establish performance metrics, provide feedback and develop talent.
- Reviews and responds to issues identified in audit and regulatory reports.
- Supports established policy and procedures, recommending changes as needed.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration discipline (or equivalent experience) is required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other financial certifications are necessary.
Experience: Minimum 5-6 years of experience in Controllership / Financial Planning & Analysis type of roles. Preferably with experience in implementing financial reporting system or modules.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Proficiency in Excel including but not limited to pivot tables
- Strong business writing and presentation skills (eg. financial summary).
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills with focused attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills. Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to think strategically, develop strategic plans and execute with a strong sense of urgency and focus on achieving results.
- Strong service, team and employee development orientation.