You will be part of the Group Data Management & Governance Office, specifically in the area of Enterprise Data Governance. You will be working closely with various IT stakeholders to establish controls and standards across the Group to ensure data consistency, quality and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain data governance framework and policies to ensure relevancy and up-to-date to meet the organization’s strategic objectives and business needs;
- Work with IT and relevant stakeholders to define data standards and guidelines across various data management disciplines;
- Strategize and execute communication strategy to raise awareness across the Group;
- Publish and maintain data governance artefacts (policies, guidelines, standards, etc.) online to raise user awareness and facilitate self-service;
- Support the data stewardship program to ensure proper accountabilities across all the technical stakeholders;
- Perform investigation and root cause analysis on data incidents and provide recommendation on corrective and preventive actions;
- Perform process reviews and provide recommendation to embed controls into business processes;
- Provide advisory in data related risk and evaluate the effectiveness of risk controls;
- Monitor regulatory landscape and implement changes accordingly to ensure compliance; and
- Support Data Governance Committee and Data Governance Working Group as a member of the secretariat.
- Degree from recognized tertiary institution with at least 10 years of working experience where at least 2 years of hands-on experience in data governance, data quality or data management in insurance or financial services industry;
- Good understanding of the principles and key controls of various data management disciplines, e.g. master/reference data management, data quality management;
- Strong change management skills and/or experience in managing organization transformation programs;
- Detail oriented and analytical, with good problem solving, project management and organizational skills;
- Good team spirit and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written, oral communication and negotiation skills;
- Keen interest in business process modelling and re-engineering, preferably with Six Sigma certification; and
- Able to understand architecture diagrams and up-to-date on data and technology landscape (e.g. Hadoop, data warehouse, AI and ML).