Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning, and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredit Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Job Objective
Leading a data-driven cost analytics programme to sharpen productivity insights.
The objective of this programme is to partner with business stakeholders to design, develop, and implement the cost and productivity methodology, operational processes, and associated management tools for deeper, actionable efficiency insights to inform business strategies. The programme is led by a change/transformation focused team within Group Finance. The successful delivery of this programme requires strong thought leadership, problem-solving, and engagement across Business, Technology, and Finance stakeholders.
As part of the programme, a set of cost allocation principles/methodologies has been developed and a system application built in-house jointly with our Architecture & Technology partners. Our team is looking for a highly motivated AVP to support the transformation/change management in the next phase of our journey, including continuous sharpening/refinement of the methodology/data and business tools, as well as driving operational excellence through tightening processes and governance across the programme. Responsibilities
This is a cross-functional role
working with a diverse group of stakeholders - Business/Finance/Technology. Techno-functional experience advantageous.
Cost analytics - Transformation & Change Management:
(1) Being a business partner on cost methodology, design, and refinement implementation
- Partner with business to understand cost base and financials, evolve cost allocation and analytics, critically evaluate impact on metrics.
- Support business requirements gathering in methodology & financial/customer data.
- Implement changes through purpose-built application - working closely with partners to understand data availability and granularity, translating business inputs into technical user application configurations.
- Support programme management and prioritisation to deliver outcomes across application, data, user interface, tableau dashboard, and other tools.
(2) Driving operational excellence in processes and governance
- Identify areas of improvement/optimisation/automation in operational processes and workflow, e.g. developing variance reports, automate error alerts.
- Put in place robust governance framework and documentation alongside stakeholders.
- Support monthly processes as part of programme management.
- Drive user awareness of application/user tool functionalities, assist with user workshops.
(1) Prior data focused consulting background strongly preferred. Techno-functional experience advantageous.
(2) Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience:
- Business/Finance Transformation, preferably in the banking industry.
- Business Analytics/Tech Consulting and Implementation with data-driven focus - Big 4/IT Advisory.
(3) Strong ability to work with big datasets/relational databases, granular data flows/processes.
(4) Technical competency (in addition to proficiency in Excel/Powerpoint):
- Experience in data handling and coding, e.g. SQL (or Python)/Relational databases.
- Interest in Tableau dashboard is a bonus.
(5) Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.