Leading Private Equity Fund Manager seeking a bright and motivated young lawyer to join their Singapore Office in a newly created role to support the investments team.
JD: AVP (Legal and Compliance) – Private Equity
Our client is a leading Pan-Asian Private Equity Fund Manager, which is aggressively growing across the region. Managing a multi-billion AUM and led by a group of highly-regarded investment professionals, they are widely recognised as prominent leaders in their field.
As part of their expansion, they are looking for a commercially-savvy junior legal professional to join their team based in the Singapore office. This is a new hire that reports directly to the SVP/ Head, Compliance and will primarily support the Investments team on legal matters as they conduct investment activities across APAC, in addition to other responsibilities.
- Assist in negotiations on fund documents, NDAs and service agreements with counter parties.
- Provide legal support in completion of deal documents, such as subscription documents, shareholding agreements, transfer agreements, etc.
- Provide legal advisory on all legal matters related to private equity.
- Advise business on regulatory changes and possible impact to the business.
- Assist in entities and SPVs setup and on-going maintenance.
- Collaborate effectively and foster relationships with key internal members (Finance, IR, Investment team).
- Provide regulatory advice to the management and business units.
- Degree/Diploma in Law
- Min 3-5 years of working experience gained in a private law firm (focusing on the investment management sector) or an in-house role within a Private Equity/ Venture Capital/ Asset Management firm.
- Prior exposure and strong understanding of the workings of the Private Equity sector would be highly advantageous
- Superior communication skills with ability to clearly and diplomatically articulate issues, solutions and rationale.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive with the ability to exercise sound judgement when identifying and escalating issues
Please send your CV to Sang Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.