Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Sales, Distribution and Business Development plays a vital role in understanding and meeting customer needs by offering the right solutions through the right channels to the right customer segments. The team is responsible for implementing distribution strategy, driving the delivery of market leading personal banking customer experiences and thereby maximising customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an AVP Premier Business Development. Principal Responsibilities
The role is a customer facing role with high opportunity and valuable customers who make a significant contribution to our WPB business
Professionalism, customer focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of service sales and financial planning are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to prospect, acquire and upgrade existing HSBC customers to the Premier proposition and refer to RM / specialist areas where required. The framework for this being focused on the broader branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan
You will need to understand and deliver the standards of service quality required, maintaining published Service Level Agreements and Premier Standards. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and referring these to an appropriate wealth adviser are key activities to achieve your goals. You are accountable for leading the customer ownership of this segment in the branch, assisting them to be wealth ready, and you need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model as defined by Group
In delivering the business objectives you must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by the Group, closely managing your individual performance. Contributing to and maintaining an environment where you and the wider Branch team maximize performance in achieving the WPB business objectives whilst providing the highest quality service is an important part of the way you contribute to the business
- Business Development Manager for our Premier Banking onshore market to achieve acquisition objectives
- Lead, implement and drive Premier Banking Acquisition initiatives, tactical and strategic goals
- Responsible for but not limited to sourcing of new corporate companies, manage, and grow relationships with partners for acquisition of new customers for onshore banking platform
- Look out for acquisition sources and opportunities through strategic partnerships with external partners as well as across business units within HSBC group such as corporate banking, Global Banking and Markets, as well as other businesses
- Establish and generate new business through Employee Banking Event at company premises via connecting with Key Appointment holders, HR, and decision makers of companies
- Promote Retail Banking Wealth Management Expatriate proposition to support our global capabilities (EBS International)
- Ensure adherence to Anti-Money Laundering guidelines and proper conduct
- Ensure full compliance to onboarding guidelines and regulatory requirements including KYC, account opening and tools; end to end processes until warm hand over to RM
- Support customers with needs-based solutions to meet customers' short- and long-term financial banking needs, getting customers to be wealth ready
- Degree holder
- Minimum 5 years Sales or acquisition experience in the banking and financial services industry, preferably in the affluent segment
- Excellent sales and people management skills
- Customer driven with a strong focus on quality of service
- Sound knowledge of affluent segment banking products and services
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and accountability
- An excellent capability of understanding customer’s need
- Ability to work independently
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.