We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Direct Investments Group (South East Asia)
The Direct Investment strategy in GIC PE focuses on sourcing and investing directly in companies by taking minority positions across a range of equity and equity-like products. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Direct Investments team in Singapore. Responsibilities
- Part of the Direct Investments Group based in Singapore, and will report to the Head, Direct Investments Group (South East Asia).
- Will be involved in sourcing, evaluating and executing investments in minority private equity, growth capital, buyouts and structured capital transactions, as well as portfolio management, board membership, and exit.
- Deal generation will require initiative and credibility to build relationships with a wide variety of internal and external counterparties.
- High levels of commercial experience and investment judgment needed to select and progress attractive investment opportunities efficiently and expeditiously.
- Good level of deal execution experience needed to be able to manage negotiations, deal structuring and pricing, due diligence processes, and legal closings.
- Experience in preparing and defending investment papers helpful.
- Ability to concurrently manage 2 to 3 live projects.
- Attend board meetings, interact with management and other investors on a regular basis, work on ongoing strategic initiatives in the companies, and develop exit plans.
- Be part of special projects within the firm as assigned from time to time.
- Assist in the development of team members.
- Good academic qualifications with 4 to 5 years of work experience in a top-tier investment bank or PE fund.
- Strong commercial judgement and experienced in deal structuring, negotiation, execution and closing skills in direct investments.
- Ability to lead and supervise deal teams, manage external consultants and handle internal deal approval process.
- Ability to oversee and manage portfolio companies
- Strong written and communication skills; good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively in deal teams and assist in managing advisors/due diligence providers
- Experience of working on South-East Asian deals and being proficient in Bahasa Indonesia would be favorably considered