We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC's ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
We are looking for a AVP, Senior Engineer, Connectivity and Network Services to our Infrastructure and Operations team. Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the global network and connectivity services in an enterprise hybrid cloud environment.
- Responsible for project management of Network Infrastructures from design to delivery and provide technical advice.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects which include planning, scheduling, coordinating, and commissioning.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery tests and exercises.
- Work with the team in ensuring network connectivity availability, performance, and resource capacity.
- Maintain and develop technical documentation and standard operational procedures.
- Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Work with team to automate daily operational tasks to improve efficiency using tools or scripts.
- Work with technical and business teams to provide L3 networking technical consultative services and recommendations.
- Respond and manage incident escalations.
- Work closely with various IT operations teams to support and troubleshoot problems and issues.
- After office hours and weekend support is expected.
- With Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 6 to 12 years' experience in network connectivity services administration, preferably in financial services or investment banking industries.
- Possess a valid Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or equivalent. CCIE is preferred.
- Strong domain knowledge of network design principles, tools and technologies, particularly in WAN, LAN (wired and wireless), Data Centre core network backbone, Cisco ACI, VXLAN, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, firewalls, load balancers, and proxies.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud infrastructure Services and network connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of SDWAN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Next Generation Firewalls as well as Automated Firewall Deployment Systems
- Design and implementation experience in integrating the automation capabilities across traditional and software-defined network/security products.
- Good experience in technical writing and reporting, equipped with experience in vendor management.