AVP, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Tester, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities As a Senior SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test), you will play a key role in both the key QA specific deliverables throughout a project's lifecycle as well as contribute towards the automation tooling initiative to support accelerated test execution. You will be required to provide research, analysis, design, execution, maintenance and/or support of testing solutions that are appropriate to the application, solution and project as assigned. You will interact with platform delivery teams, SDET in platform teams, development teams, and senior management. The candidate should own and implement end to end test strategy and test automation for Bank's major initiatives.
Requirements UI test automation tools (Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, Appium or similar) API testing (using Karate, JUnit, Postman or similar) Performance testing using JMeter / Performance Center Experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (e.g. Protractor, Cucumber, JUnit or similar)
- Devise test objectives, analyse requirements, develop test strategies and plans
- Actively create and contribute to and maintain team's automation tool set
- Conduct regular TCOE meetings and communicate various TCOE related metrices and initiatives across all levels.
- Maintain and improve TOCE dashboards, test automation tracking, test environment availability tracking etc.
- Build test frameworks and utilities to speed up test execution and increase test coverage
- Manage and maintain E2E test environments and test data
- Create test plans, test cases and traceability matrices based on complex business requirements documents and system design documents
- Conduct data quality assessment & design solutions to detect and improve test data quality
- Pro-actively seek to make continuous improvements to organisations over all quality of deliverables by improving test coverage, testing tools, frameworks, execution and test automation, etc.
- Create and/or maintain automated test data sets as well as validate test environments.
- Organize and prioritize team's needs within given automation toolset to ensure execution is as effective as possible
- Take an active role in all testing phases, partnering with the Platform Test managers/QA leads
- Contribute to and maintain team's internal knowledge base
- Review and provide feedback on high-level automation requirements, business requirements, and testing documents
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Expert knowledge of continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA processes (Git, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo or similar)
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge - able to code in one or more scripting language
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies - Mainframe, web, Java/.Net.
- Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.