AVP, Team Lead, Trade Operations (FSCM/Open Account), Group Technology & Ops
Posting Date: 08-Jun-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
You will lead a team of 5-15 staff to manage day to day operations of a group of products and processes and ensure customers' trade transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner, within service level agreement, in accordance with regulatory requirements, guidelines and bank's procedures.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Manage and approve day to day trade operations transactions, covering 1 or several trade products
- Supports the Department Head to ensure that the Bank's policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML and compliance requirements are strictly adhered to
- Assist the Department Head to review SOP and submit changes to Department Head for approval
- Documentary checking and transactions approvals
- Ensure staff comply with procedures
- Coach and identify areas for new training or skill checks as well as new team member training
- Ensure timely and accurate service delivery in accordance with Service Level Agreement
- Review and effectively handles operational issues, internal and external complaints and queries
- Assist the Department Head to review new products and requirements with Business Units & Product Team and setup procedures to operationalize such service delivery to customers
- Assist the Department Head on management duties, human resource planning, development and staff management
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to Bank's regulations and performance goals
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 6-8 years of trade operations experience, including 2 years as a team leader in operations
- FSCM/Factoring Certification
- Strong leadership
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong strategic planning and organizing skills
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel is a plus
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.