Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. The Role
Responsible for leading and growing the highly skilled multi-disciplined engineering that deliver technology solution for the Consumer Banking business regionally. You will be facing off with Head of Branches and Self-Service Banking for Consumer Banking and be responsible for driving technology solutions that is used to guide DBS's transformation towards a Digital and Intelligent Bank.
The core practice is one of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated. The core design principle is one that promotes API-everything. Responsibilities
- Part of the team that building next generation brand and self-service banking applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Build micro-services using SpringBoot, single page application using React and others.
- Implement core practice of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work closely with the operation team to develop or enhance features in an agile environment based on requirements from the business team.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by following good practices and habits while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Should be able to deliver consistent results and scale on new technologies faster.
- Graduate in computers or Engineering from a reputed university.
- 5-10 years of proven software development experience. Good experience in design and build micro-services.
- Hands on Java multi-threading, distributed architectures.
- Solid hands-on experience of Java/J2EE and framework such as Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Good knowledge on relational database, MariaDB, Postgres and NoSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB and Aerospike.
- Knowledge of build tools Maven and DevOps environment using tools such as Git (Bitbucket), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Continuous Deployment. Working with code quality tools such as Sonar, Fortify or NexusIQ will be advantageous.
- Strong experience in agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- Experiences building microservices.
- Experiences with PaaS e.g. PCF, Openshift, and container technology.
- Understand the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Ability to build highly re-usable, performance optimized services.
- Codes with security and data protection.
- Knowledge of working in an agile environment using tools such as Jira.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.