As a leader in treasury operations, DBS extends a broad range of capabilities in foreign exchange and derivatives, money market and securities trading, to corporations and financial institutions. DBS trades in a comprehensive product range, including foreign exchange, as well as interest rates and derivatives.
Treasury & Markets (T&M) provides total solutions to serve DBS clients' hedging and investment needs with a regional emphasis. We have a strong record in providing innovative wealth management solutions to our individual investors. We are a leader in SGD and regional products with an excellent, customer-driven research capability and with cutting-edge risk management technology and systems. Job Purpose
To provide legal support to the T&M Department / Business Unit ("T&M"), primarily in the Asia region (including Singapore, Greater China, Taiwan, Korea, India, Indonesia and Australia) in respect of T&M trading agreements/master documentation. Key Accountabilities
- To review and negotiate T&M legal documents (in particular, master trading agreements, e.g., ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, master give-up agreements, and related e-trading, central clearing and vendor agreements) and to identify, advise on and manage legal risks associated with the operation of T&M.
- To prepare and update standard form documentation for use by T&M together with related guidance notes and other advisory materials for new and existing master trading agreements.
- To work closely with Compliance and T&M to ensure the relevant legal and regulatory requirements are well understood by T&M and are reflected and protected in the relevant documentation and internal procedures.
- To partner with relevant stakeholders (including T&M Sales or Trading, Credit, Operations/Collateral Management, and Relationship Managers outside T&M) to ensure relevant documentation standards and policies are complied with, and to obtain relevant internal approvals.
- To provide general legal advice, guidance and solutions on legal and regulatory issues and developments to T&M.
- Provide responsive, sound, coherent & consistent legal advice on legal, regulatory and contractual / documentation issues to internal clients (i.e. front, middle and back offices of T&M).
- Establish, review and update internal rules, policies, procedures, guidelines and templates to meet best practice regulatory and industry standards for the management of legal and documentary risks.
- Work with the Compliance team to ensure effective interpretation and recommendations on regulations and policies affecting the T&M business and T&M legal documentation.
- Recommend, supervise and manage external lawyers, where needed, to ensure that high quality and focused advice is received at reasonable cost in a timely manner to appropriately protect bank's interests.
- At least 4 years of post-qualified relevant experience with a financial institution or private practice.
- Qualified lawyer of UK or Singapore.
- Good written and oral communication skills, analytical and solution-oriented.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements of Singapore (minimum) and regional banking and financial services environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and practical experience in negotiation and advising on T&M documents (in particular ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA) and products.
- Self-motivated, independent and able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, commercial acumen, and a team-player.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.