Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Responsibilities
Candidate will be in the MIS production support team, providing day to day business support for the bank's Finance MIS applications: EPMS (Enterprise Performance Management System). The candidate is expected to work closely with Technology support teams and Business Finance users in resolving issues, answering user queries and ensuring timely completion of the Finance month end close. The candidate is also expected to continuously improve systems and processes to shorten Finance close, and participate in on-going projects and change initiatives impacting EPMS.
- Provide end user support of the bank's Finance MIS applications - ensure prompt closure of all user queries and requests.
- Support the daily health-checks and month-end processes of EPMS - ensure the MIS data is reasonable, reconciled, complete and readily available to end users.
- Liaise with Technology to resolve all production issues - track and monitor that all issues raised are being investigated, root cause analysis provided and fixed. Provide support to Technology when needed as part of issue resolution.
- Assess impact, provide requirements and lead/participate in user acceptance testing when new upstream systems / products are rolled out which will affect downstream applications and users.
- Drive initiatives and enhancements to shorten Finance close and continuously improve the capabilities and applicability of EPMS for reporting and analytics usage.
- Support the day to day operations of the Bank's Finance MIS applications EPMS for the Group, including reviewing health-check reports, trend analysis, resolving exceptions, updating mappers, configurations, etc.
- Support Business Finance users on their queries, clarifications and requests promptly. Provide guidance to users on questions relating to MIS applications and reporting/querying tools
- Support daily and monthly BAU processing of EPMS as part of Group Finance close, ensuring the Finance MIS results are delivered to Business Finance users within the stipulated deadlines.
- Promptly raise system and data issues to Technology support teams if a problem is found. Track and follow-up on all issues reported, ensuring they are being investigated, root cause analysis provided and fixed. Provide additional findings and inputs to Technology where possible to expedite issue resolution.
- Possess strong understanding of technical (including system design, logics and processes, data model/lineage) and business subject matter expertise (including accounting, MIS concepts, FTP, performance reporting, etc) that can be leveraged to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Partner EPMS Change Management Team in performing impact analysis on EPMS when new systems or products are introduced upstream. Provide requirements and support user acceptance testing (UAT) according to the project scope and impact to EPMS.
- Identify areas for improvement, optimisation and standardization in the normal course of work to streamline current processes and improve accuracy, ensure completeness and reduce turnaround time when delivering Finance MIS results to Business Finance users.
- Manage tight daily and monthly processing timelines, resources and deliverables effectively while supporting multiple locations concurrently. Adept at anticipating needs and problems to ensure successful and timely delivery of Finance MIS results to end users.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Computer Science or Engineering related field.
- 4 to 10 years' relevant experience in financial services industry.
- Experience in an operational or project related role - preferably having worked with Finance MIS / Performance Management Applications.
- Possess knowledge of commercial banking products and related financial accounting and MIS reporting principles, in areas like Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP), customer profitability analysis, product profitability analysis, etc. Having prior hands-on experience would be an advantage.
- Understand MIS systems technology and design, with exposure to both traditional RDBMS like DB2 and DFS like Big Data Hadoop Eco system applications.
- Proficiency using Sequel Query Language in any platform is highly preferred.
- Current user or possess good understanding of various reporting/data query tools like OBIEE, Celerity, Tableau, Business Objects and Hyperion is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- Quick learner, with positive attitude towards initiating and making change happen.
- Strong communication skills required, be articulate and pro-active in engaging stakeholders
- Methodical and systematic, good at defining and documenting standard operating procedures and refining existing established procedures.
- Attention to details and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment.
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity and use it to their advantage.
- Good knowledge of banking products, financial accounting, MIS concepts and finance processes.
- Good knowledge of system design principles, with exposure to both traditional (RDBMS) and new (DFS, Hadoop) technologies.
- Good grasp on the Sequel Query Language is an added advantage.
- Familiar with various reporting/data query tools like OBIEE, Celerity, Tableau, Qlikview, Business Objects and Hyperion is preferred.
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.