AVP / Senior Associate, Technical Lead, Investment & Trading Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
DBS eFX development team aims to be the best in banking industry by delivering quality solutions via cutting edge technology. The team is looking for a highly skilled Technical Lead who will be responsible for designing and developing cutting edge eFX applications, FX APIs, cloud native apps with OpenShift (Docker + Kubernetes) and AWS within a microservices environment.
The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cloud native microservices development, and competent in building robust, highly scalable, high-performance distributed systems that connect microservices with mobile, web, and standalone applications, and smart devices to offer consumer applications a wide range of functionality in terms of FX trading. Responsibilities
- Work with the Scrum Master, Business Analysts and Product Owner to define technical options and agree on technical solutions
- Complete planned tasks on time with good quality
- Facilitate technical discussions/debates, resolve conflict
- Make technical decisions and share common understanding
- Mentor junior team members
- Maintain high team morale
- 5+ years of working experience with Java/J2EE and framework such as Spring, Hibernate, etc
- 1+ years working experience as Tech lead in an agile environment
- Ability to understand the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Track record of leading teams to turn high-level designs into completed production-quality solutions.
- Capable to design & build reliable and scalable micro-services running on Openshift or AWS
- Competent in implementing automated testing, unit testing and BDD
- Proficient in source code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket
- Good communication skills and able to work well with other teams and business users
- Experience in a banking environment is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.