AWM Brokerage Technology Senior Developer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Brokerage Derivatives Trading & Regulations Technology team develop applications for end to end trade lifecycle management including trade capture and control workflow to position booking, trade reporting and confirmations. As a senior software engineer in the team, you will be part of multi-year program, working alongside diverse team in Singapore globally aligned with business stakeholders redefining the entire booking flow for Derivatives in the Private Bank.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong Java Development skills with 7+ years of experience in solving business problems having exposure to performance tuning, low latency, and multithreading
- 2+ years of experience with big data tools Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Strong Agile development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of data structures & algorithms
- Some exposure to Cloud (AWS / Cloud Foundry) would be needed to succeed in the role
- Some experience in data modeling, visualization, and reporting techniques like QlikSense
- BS/BA degree
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement