AWS Enterprise Architect
Cognizant AWS Business Group is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business acumen, communication and strong interpersonal skills. You will collaborate with Cognizant customers, Cognizant Sales Specialists and other Cognizant Service Lines to design highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Cognizant Offerings for AWS. In collaboration with sales of different Cognizant verticals and service lines, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers in the areas of infrastructure, application, data and IoT modernization. As a trusted customer advocate, the enterprise architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud solutions, and how to modernize applications and data for digital readiness. You will have the opportunity to help shape, execute cloud strategy for CXOs, and build thought leadership and mindshare within Cognizant enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must have a breadth of experience in application, data and security architectures and exposure to design patterns in software engineering, database design and distributed computing. The ability to connect technology with measureable business KPIs is critical.
The candidate will have the following attributes:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Dynamic, self-motivated and fun to work with. Ability to take on technical challenges and have fun solving business problems with AWS based solutions.
- Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale distributed computing architectures. The ideal candidate will have past experience of working as a Senior Application or Infrastructure Solution Architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills updated and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create innovative solutions built on AWS.
- In partnership with the sales teams, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS and Cognizant Offerings
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in modernizing and migrating applications, data and IoT on AWS
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cognizant offerings for AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Cognizant architect community
- Author or contribute to Cognizant blogs, whitepapers and webinars
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and delivery teams
- 10+ years of design, implementation, and/or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure/application architecture, database architecture and networking
- 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software consulting
- Computer Science or Math or Engineering degree
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, technical conferences and development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to continuously adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Deep exposure to micro-services architectures, data lake design, container orchestration platforms, DevOps and CI/CD
- Willingness to travel up to 25%