Account Associate, South Asia
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This position reports to the Account Manager (Senior Vice President) of the South Asia Client Management team.
The job holder will be a part of PIMCO's Singapore-based South Asia Client management group covering institutions and wholesale distributors, with the primary focus to service clients, as well as to support business development, investment support and marketing Initiatives. The client profiles include sovereign wealth funds, central banks, government and quasi governments, pensions, insurance, corporates, endowments, and financial institutions (including offshore distribution initiatives). Investment offerings include traditional fixed income, multi-asset, privates and hedge funds.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
This position requires an analytical, detail-oriented professional who can: Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, trading activity, portfolio valuation and risk metrics
- Support the Account Management team through the provision of market and portfolio information
- Analyse portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution
- Handle ongoing automation of growing reporting requirements and streamlining of the reporting process
- Prepare and respond to ad-hoc queries from clients, consultants, auditors, and internal requests for information
- Support the Account Management team for new client onboarding, portfolio transitions, responding to RFPs, guidelines/compliance and operations related issues by working closely with internal groups such as fund administration, business development support, operations, transition and compliance teams
- Provide support for identifying new business development opportunities (i.e. investors, asset pools, channels), driving marketing/sales campaigns, and preparing for finals presentations and closing business
- Develop and maintain a variety of materials to support new business development, cross-selling, servicing and other marketing campaigns
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and clients to develop effective relationships
- Self-motivated to achieve stretched goals and to create positive business impact
- Support and oversee campaign management, client communications, webcast, events
- Develop skillsets to handle complex relationships as appropriate
- Good understanding of economics, capital markets and investment concepts.
- Relevant financial industry experience of 2-3 years.
- Collegiate team player and comfortable working in an international operating environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office