The successful candidate will join the Bank’s Budget & Planning Department which is responsible for the Bank’s accounting activities, regulatory, management and Head Office reporting, GST and income tax matters, and payments & claims processing operations. The key duties include the following:
- Preparation and review of Head Office, MAS and Branch Management reports as well as statistical and survey submissions to local authorities;
- Financial and management accounting duties including daily regulatory compliance reporting, Nostro reconciliation and general expenses processing;
- Assisting in the preparation/review of annual statutory accounts and budgeting;
- Performing continuous review and improvement on reports preparation efficiency and controls;
- Providing guidance and supervision to junior members of the team;
- Participation in projects, system implementation and enhancements.
The preferred candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting or professional qualification.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a bank or financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of corporate tax, FRS and MAS regulatory reporting, including MAS 610 reporting.
- Must have prior experience in statutory accounts preparation.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Proficient in MS Access with strong IT skills will be an added advantage.
- Meticulous, organized and with an eye for details.
- Able to work under pressure and manage deadlines.