The Role Responsibilities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The role holder is primarily responsible for the pro-active acquisition of retail clients through customised value propositions and to acquire for corporate employee via Employee Banking (EB) opportunities via business to consumer correspondence. Primarily responsible to acquire Premium banking, Priority banking sign up & Payroll individual clients.
- Candidates will also be required to provide wider range of retail and priority products such as wealth and Insurance to targeted segments. Obtain EB leads opportunities via referrals, networking, cold calls and execute them professionally with internal and external stakeholders..
Our Ideal Candidate
- Establish relationship with internal stakeholders, and also external stakeholders corporate to increase referrals.
- Provide a high level of client service by responding timely and accurately to enquiries by corporate Employee Banking (EB) clients and their employees.
- Engaging affluent and mass market clients for their Priority Sign up requests from internal stakeholders through marketing campaigns, mortgage enquiries and employee banking's events, networking events and roadshows.
- Able to perform off-office hours and weekend activities when required. (Networking events, campaigns and roadshows)
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor offerings, and conduct regular market updates and follow-up activities for target customer groups, to better enhance the product differentiation in relation to external competition.
- Deepen client relationships via timely servicing and products cross sell based on needs based scenarios.
- Able to present professionally
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Relevant sales/acquisition experience in retail banking sales with a proven sales track record is preferred.
- Previous relevant B2B and B2C sales/acquisition experience with a proven sales track record is desirable.
- Highly results-driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with strong time management skills and must be able to work under pressure.
- Effectively bi-lingual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to engage customer of all levels with assertiveness.
- Passion for sales and providing excellent customer service, with ability to deal with people of all levels in complex and difficult situations.
- Able to articulate, and hold a professional corporate presentation to key stakeholders.
- Team player with initiative and assertiveness.
- Diploma / Degree holder
- 2 Years of experience in banking
About Standard Chartered
- Sales experience
- Banking experience
- Expertise in banking products
- Customer experience
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers