About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Our engineering team aims to build modern digital solutions in the Wealth Management space. We constantly strive to reduce time-to-market and streamline our development processes. As part of the team you will directly collaborate with business stakeholders on regular basis to devise and implement solutions incrementally in short iterations. We follow the agile methodology with continuous delivery practices and expect you to actively participate in our continuous improvement process.
- Your responsibility will be to collaboratively take part in all aspects of software delivery: planning, design, implementation, refactoring, testing, automation, integration, release, monitoring, and troubleshooting. You will be constantly learning and sharing your knowledge with your peers. We value specialized expertise; however we request everyone on the team to be curious, open-minded, and proactive problem solver.
What Makes You Stand Out
- 8 or more years of experience with Java/J2EE development
- 2 or more years of experience with Angular/AngularJS/ReactJS
- Experience using frameworks such as SpringBoot/WebFlux for microservices development
- 2 or more years of experience of Cloud environments (Such as Azure/AWS/GCP)
- 5 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of software solutions
- 2 or more years of experience with full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures
- 5 or more years of varied DB experience (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL databases)
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Selenium and Cucumber.
- Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ,JMS,Kafka,etc and exposure to event driven design patterns.
- Experience with distributed caches such as GemFire,ehCache, Hazelcast etc
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with git principles and tools such as Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of Market data and experience integrating it.
- Experience configuring and implementing system execution/quality monitoring tools like Grafana, Graylog, SonarQube, etc.
Education (or equivalent work
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience in delivering technical tools, algorithms, and data structures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.