The agile coach will guide teams in using agile best practices to initiate software improvements and increase productivity in both scrum and non-scrum squads. He / She will organize, develop and deliver trainings to maintain and/ improve the expected outcome of the projects.
Role and responsibilities
The Agile coach responsibilites are threefold:
- Educate employees at all levels, including senior, and at times internal clients, on Agile principles
- Provide teams with tools for implementing the process in their own work.
- Provide training sessions and teach valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of agile methodologies.
- Responsible for guiding teams into the Agile methodology
- Provide employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions.
- Provide hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
Enhancing agile adoption :
- Responsible for designing a strategy for the organizational adoption of Agile.
- This includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and employee education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
- Minimum 5 years experiences in agile coaching
- Demonstrable successful experience
- Excellent written and oral communication, especially enabling visibility and transparency
- Practical team experience with Scrum, Kanban, and/or XP practices
- Large and small group facilitation experience, working with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Continuous improvement mindset and understanding of the core tenants of Agile
- Strong Stakeholder management to properly manage business expectations and help them with agile adoption.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe, LeSS), or other scaling strategies
- Pragmatic approach to enacting change, in individuals and groups
- Nice to have: Bachelor degree with major in Computer Science
- Experience of Atlassian Suites, in particular JIRA and Confluence
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.