Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Responsibilities
This Accounts Officer position is to support functions within Shared Services team to record and account for fixed assets/IFRS16 leases and also process billing/invoicing for Intra Group billings.
(1) Fixed Assets & IFRS16
- Work closely with the team to process fixed assets additions, disposals and transfer are processed on a timely basis in an automated fixed assets system - PeopleSoft Asset Management and PeopleSoft General Ledger. This covers a group of entities and international centres.
- Work closely with the team to process IFRS16 leases on a timely basis in automated system - PeopleSoft IFRS16 for all DBS entities.
- Ensures compliance with the relevant accounting standards and the Group's internal policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly reconciliation and balance sheet substantiation process to comply with control processes.
- Prepare reports and schedules (month-end/quarter-end/year-end) for Group and Financial reporting purposes.
- Liaise & follow up with internal and external parties/stakeholders for transactions, requests and queries that require additional information/clarification in relation to fixed asset processing. Follow up to ensure all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Process transactions using Peoplesoft Asset Management system and PeopleSoft IFRS16 system within the team's stipulated turnaround time.
(2) Accounts Receivable
- Process billing/invoicing for intra group billings.
- Process transactions using Peoplesoft Billing and Accounts Receivable or other system within the team's stipulated turnaround time.
- Track aging of Accounts Receivable and prepare/review monthly reports from Peoplesoft Billing and Accounts Receivable.
- Assist to follow up and process payments received from the invoices issued.
- Minimum diploma qualification with at least 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Good working knowledge of fixed assets management system, e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft etc.
- Working knowledge in reconciliation and investigation of variances.
- Sound understanding and familiarity on Accounting Standards and IFRS.
- Meticulous and accurate in fixed assets and IFRS16 processing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Tableau.
- Team player, highly motivated and self-driven.
- Possess a keen learning attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced processing environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.