Analyst (1-Year Contract), Treasury Financial Control & Advisory (Regulatory Control), Group Finance
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Group Finance looks beyond providing numbers. We add value in the decision-making process and facilitate the formulation of effective business strategies. We uphold the integrity of our financial records and ensure that the highest standards are applied in our reports. We provide financial analyses and insights to management and businesses to make informed decisions. We engage our stakeholders regularly to keep them abreast of the Bank's financial performance and development. Department Description
The Treasury Financial Control & Advisory (TFCA) is an independent control and reporting function that provides management with acceptable assurance over the integrity of the financial positions of the Global Treasury's (GT) activities through an appropriate control framework.
This role requires the computation of market risk capital requirements (MRWA) in accordance with MAS requirements and to support daily control monitoring activities. The candidate is also expected to be involved in the projects, UAT and participate in new product discussion and how it impacts the regulatory reporting. This position will report to the Section Head of Treasury Financial Control & Advisory (TFCA). Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Perform timely and accurate computation of MRWA in accordance with MAS requirements.
- Have strong understanding of treasury products for effective and accurate reporting and analysis.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mind-set; implement appropriate measures and documentation to cultivate a strong sense of internal control environment to reduce operational risks.
- Follow up closely on any revision of guidelines by MAS and work proactively on the required changes.
- Experience in upcoming FRTB SA implementation with market risk knowledge would be advantageous
- Participate in annual MAS Industry Wide Stress Testing (IWST) and ICAAP stress tests, projects, system implementation and process enhancements.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant discipline
- 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Direct experience and knowledge in treasury products such as fixed income and derivative products, exposure to Business Intelligence tool, Murex system and programming skills are definite advantage
- Analytical minded, meticulous and attention to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.