Head of HR, Asia Pacific ex-Japan
LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is a global real estate investment manager with more than $70 billion (as of 4Q 2020) of private and public real estate assets under management and over 900 employees in 15 countries worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, endowments and high net worth investors globally. LaSalle sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly owned member of the JLL, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of JLL, giving us unique access to market opportunities.
LaSalle Global Partner Solutions (“GPS”) is a new vertical in the LaSalle Investment Management organization that manages c. US$10bIn in client capital and invests with local operating partners and managers across the world. GPS investments span the risk spectrum and are implemented through fund investments, co-investments, joint-ventures and separate accounts. GPS has a global team of 33 employees based in the Chicago, New York, London and Singapore offices and is supported by LaSalle’s extensive regional and global specialists covering Research & Strategy, legal, HR, accounting & finance, tax, and a 46-person global Client Capital Group.
GPS takes a fundamental approach to investment and a relative value approach to global portfolio construction. As a long-term investor, thematic trends are also a focal point. Because we often have the opportunity to invest in both equity and debt, and in listed markets (primarily REIT securities) in addition to unlisted property and fund interests, we have the opportunity to compare asset classes to discern where better values are available.
This role will report to the Fund Manager based in Singapore.
Role and Accountabilities:
- Analyse real estate data at property, fund, portfolio and market level
- Participate in the due diligence process for new investments and sale process.
- Assist fund managers with formulating mandate strategies and the day to day management of client portfolios.
- Maintain portfolio databases and cash flows, as well as contribute to monthly / quarterly reports to internal and external stakeholders.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Up to 3 years’ experience;
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and an additional language would be an added advantage as this role supports the regional business;
- BSc or ideally a master’s degree in an analytical discipline, preferable Property, Finance, or Investment related;
- Knowledge and understanding of the real estate investment industry;
- Previous work experience in real estate, ideally either finance or investment focus;
- Strong Excel skills;
- An analytical approach with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities;
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community