Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Perform trade surveillance monitoring for DBS Vickers and Treasury & Markets (T&M) using the automated trade surveillance system and internal reports to ensure compliance with SGX, MAS and other requirements in relation to Market Abuse/Market Conduct.
- Timely review of alerts generated by surveillance system and internal reports.
- Perform electronic communications review for DBS Vickers such as reviewing of emails, tape recordings etc.
- Perform communication surveillance for Treasury & Markets (T&M) by reviewing alerts in Employee Monitoring Platform (EMP), conduct voice monitoring and sampling review in a timely manner.
- Review and management of exceptions and prepare reports to management.
- Investigate and close out monitoring alerts thoroughly in a timely manner, and ensure that significant issues identified are fully investigated and promptly escalated (e.g. UAE/STR) where necessary.
- Ensure that monitoring procedures and parameters are updated to facilitate change in business and market conditions.
- Liaise and work closely with Technology team and external vendors to enhance existing processes and develop new and automated systems and/or monitoring tools.
- Participate in implementation activities, including user acceptance testing and business integration.
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance or any related field.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in audit/compliance related work. Trade and/or communication surveillance experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of relevant rules and regulations, particularly in relation to market conduct/market abuse preferred.
- Compliance best practices and understanding of capital market products and systems preferred.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.