Apps Dev Sr. Programmer
- The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Work on a Central Risk Liquidity platform in line with strategic business goals:
- Write High Quality and Testable code following clean coding standards and SOLID design principles.
- Build and Rollout the platform to expand market footprint in ASIA
- Extend platform functionalities for existing systems per business requirements
- Expand Platform Processing Capabilities by improving performance and stability
- Develop and Deliver on application components to meet business needs
- Participate in architectural design and review of key application components
- Co-ordinate with the Global Team on platform build-out
- Work with Business Stakeholders on Requirements Analysis and Solution Design
- Ability to work independently while in close collaboration with others in the team and across projects.
- Coordinate deployment, test and release of applications developed.
- 5+ years of experience developing on a distributed, high volume, global application in the financial industry (preferably on a trading platform)
- Sound Knowledge : Data structures, Algorithms, Concurrency, and Object-oriented design
- Proficient knowledge on Java with cross skillset of C++ desirable but not mandatory
- KDB Time-Series Database Knowledge desirable but not mandatory
- Proficiency in enterprise level application development using Java and Messaging infrastructure like Solace, Tibco EMS
- Good knowledge of Distributed databases/ Caching Technologies like Gemfire, Redis, Couchbase
- Knowledge of Full Software Development and Testing Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Trading Systems and Trade life cycle - especially front-to-back office processes for Capital Markets asset classes like FX, Equities, Rates, etc. is a strong plus
- Real-time, High Frequency, Low Latency Trading System Experience is a strong plus
- Prior Experience in Equities Trading Front Office/ Execution Platform is strong plus
- FIX protocol, Socket communication experience is a plus
- Excellent Team Player with good Stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to Resolve user queries related to application and analyses/provide quick solution to production issues/queries
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capability of multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Self-driven person with a problem-solving attitude
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting